Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

V8711 and NL6521

    V8711

I’ve had this pattern since it came out in 2011. The lines in the pattern seemed to render sexiness and a soft sex appeal. It reminds me of an up side down tulip.

Described: as Misses’ skirt: fitted, above mid-knee or mid-calf length, mocked wrap. I made the longer of the two skirts for fear of the shorter one being a little sluttish. Not knowing how far the wrap would gape open.

The sizes: are AA(6-12) and EE(14-20). I cut the line 16 and used a red t-shirt knit from the stash. It has the textured of a more expensive t-shirt knit than one you’d buy at a chain market.

IMG_0707

The instructions: were very easy to understand. However, I don’t know why Vogue have you using unnecessary pieces for underlining the side insets at the hip. I thought it would make too much fabric in an undesirable area. Especially on the side with the gathers.

The only alterations I made were to leave off the underlining. Regardless to reading the instructions, I constructed the skirt my own way. Like I do with most of my sewing.

I like: the lines and ‘tulip’ look. It fits and make the booty look good. IMO.

Caution: I am not sure if I didn’t understand or if it is how the instructions are meant to be, but at step 13 you pin the back yoke to back skirt. The middle of the yokes seem like they should be sewn with a center seam. However, in the photos they don’t even touch and there is no mention as if they should or shouldn’t. I put a center seam and kept going. It turned out great. But I can also see how it would have worked had I not put the center seam.

I paired the skirt with:

NL6521

Very OOP, 2005, and I like the pattern a lot. I’ve made the wrap top several times before my blogging days were born.

It’s described: as Misses’ six sizes in one. I cut the tank in a size 12 using a very soft gray t-shirt knit, also from the stash. I can still remember those days when I would cringe at the thought of a knit fabric. But now, I catch that knit by the heels and show it who’s boss! I love to sew with knits now.

I like that this pattern renders a very nice TNT pattern for the basic v-neck T.

I didn’t like: the just turn and stitch feature at the shoulders but that doesn’t warrant me to not make it nor recommend it. That’s an easy fit depending on the look you are going after. Me, I wanted something I could easily put on for shopping and doing errands rather than my usual jeans and top.

I did make a booboo. I put the neck band on perfectly! On the wrong side. I fixed it. It came out even better!

IMG_0717

Alterations are that I left off the shoulder draw strings.

Here are few more photos taken on Aloe and of me wearing my outfit today.

IMG_0719IMG_0718IMG_0716

IMG_0733

IMG_0736

IMG_0728

IMG_0726

IMG_0724

IMG_0725

Until later. Don’t stop sewing!

Scheryka

10 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

The girls are tooo cute posed with your dress form. Love your outfit, that skirt is banging!

Me! said...

There is no way you had a baby recently! LOL I love the outfit--especially the skirt. Tyna

Scheryka said...

Faye, thank you! That's my daughter and niece/God baby. They are too funny!

Scheryka said...

Thank you, Tyna! Yes, she's 10 months. I want to make the shorter version but afraid it'll be too short.

Heather said...

Stunning!

Scheryka said...

Awe shucks! Thank you, Heather! Lol

marysews said...

Both garments turned out really well!

Scheryka said...

Thank you, Mary!

Myra said...

Just fabulous!

Scheryka said...

Thank you, Myra!