Sunday, November 3, 2013

Multiflexibility Skirt

Skirt in question?

Simplicity 2344 with Khaliah Ali.

New Items 074

First off - PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR SEAMS - ask me how I know this.

     Second piece to add to the wardrobe for the new career move. I made the skirt E in size 14. According to the corresponding measurements, I should have made the 16 with the 30 inch waist. HOWEVER, even with making the 14 it was too big. I took in 1/4 inch on each side seam. I don’t know what’s up with all that. It’s still a tad loose than what I’d like it to be.

New Items 121

     I used a stretch fabric. It feels like it want to be a sateen but then again it doesn’t. Maybe a stretch broadcloth. Yeah that’s what it feels like. But not the thin cheesy kind. It’s quite substantial. It was in the stash for a while because I didn’t know what I wanted to sew with it. I love the color and the print and wish I could find more of it. The pattern is only two pieces and uses twill tape for the waist facing. I used a metallic -ish ribbon that is the color of the ‘tan’ in the skirt and top. It’s from the stash too.

New Items 122 

     The skirt has a left-knee side slit and the zipper is on the left-side seam. How in the world did I get my zipper on the left-side slit seam is beyond me AND get this. The skirt fits so much better turned around back wards. So what do I end up with? My slit ends up on the back-right area right along with my zipper. Oh, well. I like it. And guess what? I am going to make a black one just. like. it. Ok Maybe the zip and slit will be on the left-back though. All grins here.

New Items 123

     That’s all for this one. I guess I need to stop and take the time to do a more thorough review because by the time I get to the posting I am so ready to move to the next sewing project and I’ve probably forgotten what I need to type up.

     I used 1 and a 1/4 yard of the fashion fabric and I’ll that to the 2013 Style the Stash over here with the other stash busters.

Until the next post,

~~~ Scheryka ~~~

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Breaking the Ice with Just a Small Roar

     This top really doesn’t need a post dedicated to it because it is so simple. I only made it because I’ve wanted a leopard print top like this for a while and just never took the little time to make it up. But there’s a time for everything and I guess now was the time for the top.


     I used only one yard of fabric. It’s a leopard print woven with a tad bit of stretch from the stash. It’s very confortable. I made the 14 based on my bust measurements.

     I used a short length of lingerie, or panty elastic, at the gathered part mid-bust just to see what works. It does and it yields a bit of give when putting the top over my big ole head.

Nl6035 Neckline

     I used two small folds to finish the neckline. I used some Wright’s lace for the armhole and bottom hem. I love this stuff. It just might become a staple in place of facings and fabric bias in future garments. It was in the stash so I decided to use it.

     Here it is on Aloe. She’s such a good lady.

NL 6035 with Khaki Skirt                         NL6035 with black skirt

Excuse the wrinkles. I’m in no mood to ironing for photos.

     There’s nothing really to brag about with this top. It’s a top that I’ve put off for a while and don’t really know why. It’s a wild thing print. It can be changed with many items in the wardrobe which makes it a staple and very versatile. I plan on wearing it with burgundy, orange, etc....

Until later,