Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

McCall's 6034

 

    
     I like this pattern very much but was hesitant on making it. I saw several reviews on this blouse and said, "Oh whatever, I'm making it". But of course, me the I-never-buy-anything-at-full-price had to wait until there was a sale at the local Hancock's. Say it with me, "It is better to pay $1.99 than $16.99 for a pattern". Sew, it went on sale and I bought it. Here is the link to the pattern. I made view b, the candy blue colored one one the model. I wanted to make view a but the print page look so intimidating right now. I'll hit it though. Because I can do all things.... Anyhow, here are my conclusions and the photos and the crisis I suffered to get this top done.

Pattern Description: Misses tunics in four different views.

Pattern Sizing: Extra small - Extra Large. I done Med.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, I think it does...Do you? Tell the truth.
Were the instructions easy to follow?Sure they were.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? Likes: Offers four different views and seem like it can be transformed into a woven with a zip maybe. I may give it a try one day. Disikes: Non that I can think of right now.
Fabric Used:A slinky knit, (or it could be the Cotton Lycra Knit) in a very pretty Turquoise color. I got it on sale at Hancock a few months back for $1.95 yard.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: Alterations done because of carelessness: The bottom band was cut in four pieces instead of the two the pattern calls for. (I was supposed to put in on the fold and didn't.) So, I had to sew them together to get the called for two pieces and then assemble them accordingly. Alterations because of my personal wants: I put clear elastic while I stitched the back neck. The fabric is already slinky, I didn't want the back neck gaping as the front is a cowl.


The second error, oops alteration, was that I had to do a french seam to put on this band because I put it on so that the seam was to the outside! Wow, I didn't see that one coming. There was no way those threads were coming out by me. So, I simply enclosed that darn eyesore into a French seam. Wow.


Alterations done because of the pattern: If you see here, there is a GIANT under arm peek a boo going on. I remedied this by sewing up a big 4 1/2 in up into the armyce(sp?) 4 and 1/2! But I'm happy with it now.



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I am going to try it in a woven with a zip on the bias. Also, I want to do View A once I get un-intimidated. Yes, this is a very recommendable pattern.
Conclusion: I like. I like.

No comments: