Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Endless Combination 2010: NewLook 6606

This is the third item for the Endless Combination 2010 contest on Pattern Review. It is made from the stash fabric that was the backdrop of the Inspiration piece: The Booties. Here is the fabric:

NL6606 print 
Love love love it!
NL6606 pose 2
NL6606 side
NL6606 back
NL6606
DSCF2226
Here is the review:

Pattern Description:
There is no description on the package but I would say Misses' tops with shoulder strap and hem variation with simple palazzo-style pants in six sizes. I made version c.
Pattern Sizing:
Six sizes from 8 to 18 and I cut at the 14 line.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
I believe so. In fact, I think mine is better, especially in the purple paisley print.
Were the instructions easy to follow?
From what I scanned they were fine. But this top is actually easy to put together with out them.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like the hem line especially.
In fact that was the only reason I bought the pattern in the first place. It has been the stash for a while but now I have a fabric and a push (contest) to get this top done. Dislike? Ummmm, this is not a dislike but a sewer-b-ware: If you use sheer or semi sheer fabric, don't skip the top bodice lining; Unless of course that's the look you are going for. But I will be wearing this top out and about and do not need anyone looking at my headlights. (The pattern does call for lining. I just thought I'd put my 2c in. Because I plan on making this for a nightee, which will be sheer.)
Fabric Used:
A poly charmeuse but it feel like a little cotton is there...
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
No design changes, no alterations. I did use a solid fabric for the lining. It is a tad bit heavier than the fashion fabric. I'm trying to use the stash and I really like the feel of how it came out. t is not cold against my skin when I first put the top on.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I plan on sewing it again for a night shirt to go wth some night shorts in a red and white heart satiny fabric, but about that later....
Recommend - sure.
Conclusion:
Next time I will widen the straps - personal feelings not the pattern.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

I see why you "love, love, love it" it's super cute and looks great on you.

Scheryka said...

Thank you. I plan on making more of these come Spring and Summer.

Unknown said...

Find Out More replica bags Continue buy replica bags online recommended you read best replica designer bags

tatoofit said...

Bonuses site here news navigate to this website Read Full Report Home Page