Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Papaya Peach Shake

I made this pattern before. It is McCall's 5794 for Ann. This time I used a rib knit that is very pretty with silver stripes going through it too. It is hardly visible but it is there. I named it Papaya Peach because when I got ready to post the pictures that is what came to mind. Or I was hungry. I think I was hungry. My kids will tell you that I am just greedy...and I can't argue with them on that note. I love food and it's many tastes that one dish can have. Yummy.
This is the pattern photo:


I had this top made for about a month now. I am just getting around to taking pictures. Here is the review of the top. I hope you are inspired and ...enjoy.
Pattern Description:
From the pattern pack it says children's and girls' tops, dresses, tank top and pants. Loose fitting, pullover top or above mid-knee dress has above waist bodice with elastic casing, slightly flared skirt with or without elasticized patch pockets, cap or long sleeve with elasticized wrist and narrow hem finishing; top, A, dress D have self-fabric bow; fitted, pull-on tank top E has optional applique trim; pull-on pants F have elasticized waist and stitched hems.

Pattern Sizing:
Sizes are from 3 to 8. My pack was the 6,7,8. I made size 7 which I could have gotten away with the 6. I like to get growth and wear for my children.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
It could have but I added sleeves.
Were the instructions easy to follow?
I didn't use them this time. Second time around with super very easy instructions...
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like that the pattern and the pieces are straight forward. The items can easily be made to mix and or match. I only made view A and E, though. Nothing to dislike.
Fabric Used:
Rib knit a got on sale from online at $1.99 a yard.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I added short sleeves and instead of turning the neck hem I added a self bias binding. It makes a cleaner look IMO.
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes. I'll be sewing again for sure. I surely recommend it too. It can used for the basic summer wardy for the girls. Then add long sleeves and you have a fall and winter top. ;)
Conclusion:
This pattern is going to have a lot of wear and tear because the baby is 1 1/2 and I'm saving it for her too.
And this is the final product:
 
 



 
Here is a picture of our picture loving baby who only stayed still to say cheese and run.
 
 
Until later, Schey

No comments: