Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Sunshine McCalls 5794

                                                             So there is nothing like waking up and the sun is shining brightly in your window. What's the first thing you say? Arrgghhh! Closed the blinds! And then you quickly grab the pillow and cover your head. ...Yeah, that's exactly how I felt when I told my daughter to try on her new top. It's really cute and, to me, a bit short. But hey with all this heat that we've experienced this summer, it might be just what the doctor ordered...less clothes. Make sure you have your sunblock.

This the main reason I made this pattern. I fell in love with the pattern about 3 or 4 months after I fell in love with fabric. So when they finally met, this is what became. It is McCalls 5794. It is supposed to be a top but I made a size bigger and now it looks like a dress. Maybe a short one. But it was worn Sunday over a pair of jeans. Right now it is being modeled by a very hungry 6 year old because she didn't want to eat her dinner. Oh yeah, I am loving her poof. (I know you see it.)

Here is the back view of the top. I like how the waist is cinched with elastic. For her size, she really needs it. Maybe one day she will eat her cornbread and greens. Until then she should enjoy the days without cellulite and stretchmarks!   

The to pup close. Yeah I know the under top is orange. But hey, my eyes were playing tricks on me until I put the shirt on top of the t. Once I did that, they wanted to focus. And then my brain said to me that yellow and orange doesn't really go well for this ensemble. I politely told my brain to shut up and go back to sleep!

Side view because she wanted a picture like her big brother. (He's in the Red Polo page.)

Sneezing and posing...talk about a shot. Looks like she's dancing.

Until later, Schey

1 comment:

Lucille's Fashion said...

This top is very, very beautiful... Especially the combination of colours and fabrics... I love it! Nice job!!