Pages

Friday, August 8, 2014

Out With The Old ~ In With The New

          Hi, everyone, all of my Kool Aid drinkers! It's been a while since I have been able to blog about anything. I have a second full-time job now. My first job? Raising my kids. My second? Well, I'm a full-time medical professional where the team I work with provides medical care for a special population that has been such a pandemic across the nation. I love helping the homeless and sheltered receive health care that they would not be able to afford in their current situation.

          Along with raising the kiddos and fearlessly providing healthcare for the homeless, and a whole lot of other issues that are a story in themselves, I'm trying to recover from a car accident. I was hit from behind at a stand still. All I could hear were the tires of a car trying hard to stop. Without knowing I would be the recipient of the impact. I was pushed into the car that was in front of me. Like I've told everyone, I'll tell you, my sewing groupies, Jesus was standing at the point of impact and He absorbed the hit for me. Not only was it me in the car, but my five-year-old and one-year-old. They were not hurt what. so. ever. That is what truly mattered to me. My children being ok. Me - on the other hand, I thought I was fine, that is, until the next morning when I awoke to a sore neck. So, yeah, I had some damage done that I am recuperating from.
         
          Now, don't get me wrong, I have been sewing, but not nearly as much as I would like to. Let alone being able to blog about my journey. I am in the process of stepping up my skills and trying to perfect my finished garments. I am also going to do (try) some new things (to me), maybe not to some of you all. Since I know that there is no way possible for me to get an item from it's flat fabric stage to its wearable garment stage as fast as I'd like, I'll goal myself to at least an item every week or two.
        
          The purpose of this post is to close out this portion of my blogging and moving to better things. One area I do need to work on is bust and butt adjustments. So, let's hit girls! And guys, if you're out there.

Smooches and Smoothies.

Scheryka

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I'm so glad you and your family are okay.

It sounds like you have such an exciting and worthwhile way of being busy - while I love your sewing posts, it's very understandable that you haven't had the opportunity to write more!

Robin said...

We as women are finding that try as we might, we can't do it all and do it well. Self care and taking care of your family is number one. You certainly have a lot going on and not being able to blog or sew as much is understandable. Setting smaller goals is less overwhelming. Take your time.

Heather said...

Hope you heal up quick! Sorry that it happened, but I'm glad that your kids are alright. <3

I understand needing a new start. I did it by starting a new blog recently, because I was feeling a bit constrained in my old one. I hope your "fresh start" works out. I'm looking forward to seeing your progress. :)

Scheryka said...

Thank you Kat, Robin, and Heather! I am just thankful and grateful that my babies are fine. I hope to try a slow and steady start with new blog. Come on over and join me.
scherykafleming.blogspot.com

Milasha said...

For me, it’s necessary that I can understand how to do everything myself. And Sofia Date is site like that. Design is self-explanatory, interface free of clutter, buttons big and bright, Support Team always responds timely. Awesome service and awesome girls to fall in love with! Thank you for becoming part of my life! slavic brides