Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Pattern Review 2010 Bag Challenge Phase 2

Now, I have been out of commission for a little while due to the weather, kids had colds, I had migraines, and not to mention my classes...but I am BACK! Seewwww, let's get back to business. I have been working on this bag VVEERRYY little at a time. But, today, I have got some progress going because as of right now, there is only 3 days left. Here's what the bag went through to get here today:

 To rose or not to rose. I am talking about the middle of the ruffles. I could not get this mess right for the sake of my soul!!! Oh, my freakin' goodness! The middle looked like someone had made a squirt or poop right n the middle of the ruffles. Sew, out went the dreadful want-to-be-but-not-really-made-it rose. In came the button-that-want-to-be-a-brooch oh sew pretty in the middle of the ruffles. After having said every curse word in the book and making some up of my own as I went along, it was time to call it QUITS.

First of all, the color is all WRONG! It is Burgandy! The holes are for the hardware that will hold the clamps for the chain strap. The pic to the right shows the hardware from the back of the bag.
This photo shows the hardware holding the clamp that will hold the chain strap. I still have to get alonger length. 1 foot was NOT enough!



Showing the magnetic clamp. This is how the purse will close. Clamp, crackle and pop. Well let's not hope sew.  



Showing the inside lining with magnetic closure. You can also see how the metal rods go through the corners.


GOOD BYE YOU AWEFUL, DREADFUL, UGLY ROSE. AND DON'T YOU COME BACK NO MORE, NO MORE, NO MORE, NO MORE!

Until later,
Schey

No comments: