Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Disney’s Hannah Montana Simplicity 2380

Ann 9Ann 1Ann 2Ann 3Ann 8

SOCKS!

This is one of the easiest patterns that I have sewn for the Ann. Nii put her request in already. Unfortunately it’s starting to get cold so I need to change gears. If it wasn’t a shame I’d make a whole slew of them but there are so many other patterns that I have in the stash and I really want to get to them at least once. I won’t put this one up just yet because my oldest wants a few for the next school season, too. She also wants the bolero which I may make for this beautiful fall weather.

S2380 Hannah Montana

It’s a girls’ jumpsuit that is in short and pant length. There is also a dress version and a bolero as a topper. It comes in sizes 7 to 16. I cut the 10. The fabric is from the stash, it’s a pindot shirting in royal and white and a red plaid shirting, both from Fabric.com.

Pindot and plaid

The only thing I’d done differently was left off the tie string and put only the elastic waist. For some reason my girls tend to sit on the strings and tear them off. So why put them on, right?

The pattern comes with patch pockets. I would add in-seam pockets for Ann next time and keep the patch pockets for Nii.

It’s a good pattern to teach beginners with as well. Nothing hard. Just some basics that’ll be used in future projects. It’s also great because there are no zippers nor button holes. View C, however, does call for three buttons. They’re only for decoration, though.

Silly Shots

Ann 7Ann 4Ann 5Ann 6

SOCKS!

I made the outfit and review in July but am just now getting around being able to post it. It is also part of the 2013 Style the Stash Sew a Long.

Until next time, Smooches!

~~~Scheryka

4 comments:

Hana said...

Your little model is so pretty and the jumper suit her so well! It's fun to sew a kid project sometime. Have a lovely day and looking forward to see your next project.

Scheryka said...

Thank you, Hana! Yes, it is fun sometimes. And it makes it even more fun when I see the looks on there face!

Sarah Liz said...

Great logic about the tie strings, Scheryka :). This is a seriously cute playsuit - no wonder you want to make more - I'll put in an order too, lol's

Scheryka said...

Thank you, Sarah! For some reason the ties always come off then there's a hole to mend, etc. I'm sure you'd look mauvelous (as Eartha Kit says) in your play suit. Lol