Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Top for my sis...

I’ve made this top for myself. But when my sister came to visit, she claimed it! Then had the nerve to ask if I’d make her a “special” one. Ok, so she wanted a purple one, a blue one, an orange one... Ok, just a purple and blue one. First one is free, Sis. When I get you hooked, you’ll become a paying customer. She is not ‘photogenic’ ...that’s what she says, I think otherwise, so I honored her wish to take neck down photos.

The pattern is Very Easy Vogue 8581. V8581

The short sleeve version.

This pattern goes together so quickly, one could easily do several in an assembly line action as long as the thread can be universally used.

MISSES' TUNIC: Tunics A, B, C have front and back upper gathers, neck binding, lower elastic casing and raglan sleeve variations. A: sleeves with elastic casing. B: three-quarter length flared sleeves. C: gathered sleeves and sleeve binding.

I made size 12, I believe, in a rich purple knit that I had stashed to make myself a halter.

I will be making this pattern again for myself because it goes well with the perfect pair of jeans. Here are four photos of my sister wearing her newly Scheryka-made top.

Front

Left sideRight side

Back

Until later, XOXO, Scheryka.

4 comments:

Virginia's Daughter said...

I see why you'll be making this again. Very nice! Purple is one of my favorite colors! It's so nice to share ;). Top looks great on your sister!

Scheryka said...

Thank you! I love this top. My Sis is waiting for the blue one. She'll have to pay now that she's hooked! lol

Myra said...

Great job and nice sister too! I'm guessing she really likes, because it''s very pretty on her!

Scheryka said...

Thank you, Myra! Yes, she likes it a lot. Those are my pants she took, too, because they have purple thread! SMH