Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fabric Stash 2011–Free Vogue

This is, yet another, contest I have entered. This time, though, it is not to win anything. It is more of a personal goal to get rid of my never-ending site of fabric in the sewing “hut”. The first (finished) item is a blouse/tunic that I just finished making. I found the directions for this pattern in the Feb/March 2011 issue of Vogue Patterns magazine – one of my favorite magazines of all time. The pattern is just two rectangles with one slightly, about two inches, longer than the other one. The directions? 6 steps! Yay. Must I say Simple, Simple, Simple!!! There’s not much to ramble about, so I am going to present to you…

Because The Animal Made Me Do It

Rectangle  This is literally how the two pieces look. The only difference is that the front piece about 2 inches wider than the front to accommodate neck shaping. That’s what Vogue said. But I know better. In my case, it is to accommodate my head!

***Warning: Do not pay attention to the unkempt wall. My kitchen is under construction. Really I am about to pull down that hideous wallpaper and change the wall color to match my new tile that is about to get put down.***

Side with belt 2Another view from the side. I like the sleeves a lot. I should have tightened the belt a bit to bring it up. Oh yeah, I also made the tights but they are not part of the stash contest. I actually made these right before Christmas.

Front w beltFront View with the belt. I was trying to decide if I like the black or the white belt best but it really doesn’t matter because I can’t find the black one so white it is for now.

Front without beltHere’s the front without the belt. Kinda’ cute I think. I like the feel of the charmeuse. It is very flowy.

Back without belt I don’t like this view. But who cares by the time you see me coming you wouldn’t care what the back looks like while I’m leaving because you would be at the machine trying to mock my smock.

More photos:

Neck shotThe neckline.

the squatStooping.

Sleeve detailThe sleeve.

Bat wingsBatwings.

I tried to do better photos but my photographer is fired as of tonight. So here is what I managed to salvage.

DSCF2438DSCF2437

DSCF2436 Ok, that’s all I care to show. The others were totaled. lol

The review is next:

This pattern can be found in the Feb/Mar 2011 Vogue Patterns magazine on page 22.

Pattern Description:
Easy to make with just two triangles of fabric. My description would be: Ladies tunic top that is so easy it can be sewn with your eyes closed.

Pattern Sizing:
This pattern is made to your size with a simple four step formula described in the book. There is also an alternative to line the top if you are using a sheer or if the inside of your fashion fabric is rough to the skin.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
OMG! Of course it did!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Well for what there were of directions, they were superb. There are only 7 steps, I mean 6 because the 7th step says: done!

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like its simplicity.
There's nothing to like.

Fabric Used:
I used a poly charmeuse. I bought this fabric because I loved it and it was the last of the bolt. So I go the last of it not knowing what I would do with it. But now that I have this gorgeous fabric and great pattern, it's a wrap - done deal.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
NONE and NONE.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I may make it again if I can find some more fabulous fabric. Yes, of course, I recommend to anyone who love this style blouse and those who don't because it can surely be adapted to easily.

Conclusion:
Great pattern! Now that I have gotten used to sewing Vogue, Vogue has never failed me. Love it!

No comments: