This top really doesn’t need a post dedicated to it because it is so simple. I only made it because I’ve wanted a leopard print top like this for a while and just never took the little time to make it up. But there’s a time for everything and I guess now was the time for the top.
I used only one yard of fabric. It’s a leopard print woven with a tad bit of stretch from the stash. It’s very confortable. I made the 14 based on my bust measurements.
I used a short length of lingerie, or panty elastic, at the gathered part mid-bust just to see what works. It does and it yields a bit of give when putting the top over my big ole head.
I used two small folds to finish the neckline. I used some Wright’s lace for the armhole and bottom hem. I love this stuff. It just might become a staple in place of facings and fabric bias in future garments. It was in the stash so I decided to use it.
Here it is on Aloe. She’s such a good lady.
Excuse the wrinkles. I’m in no mood to ironing for photos.
There’s nothing really to brag about with this top. It’s a top that I’ve put off for a while and don’t really know why. It’s a wild thing print. It can be changed with many items in the wardrobe which makes it a staple and very versatile. I plan on wearing it with burgundy, orange, etc....